Cur(fit)ness Tips For Your Brazil-Bod
Here are some daily dose food & fitness helpful hints from Moriche Palm:
So like, we’re not trying to scold on you on WHAT you are eating- Our prerogative is to educate on HOW MUCH you serve your sexy self.
For food portions, the simple rule of thumb is to keep EVERY meal portion no bigger than the size of your fist. Your hand size is related to your body size, making it an excellent portable and personalized way to measure and track food intake. I.E. My aunt recently had gastric bypass surgery and told me her doctor surgically tailored her stomach to that exact same shape (now I know why they do that!). I just ran across this cute little gadget that helps guide your portions properly, it’s called the Meal Measure(FYI, don’t bust this out at a fine dining restaurant or use as a cup holder for that big gulp you shouldn’t be drinking!)
Green Tea is considered one of the best and most efficient (all NATURAL) weight loss enhancers out there and is packed with powerful elements-
Okay, so my Japanese husband grew up with this on a daily over in Tokyo. I am not saying this is why he can seriously eat ANYTHING and never gain an ounce (but maybe I am…), I am telling you though that I see living proof of this metabolic phenomenon every waking morning 🙂
Here’s how you can take your tea-
- Have a sippie cup of hot in the morning- I like mines with some vanilla soy milk (yum yum!)
- Bring a thermos with you to the office and throw some ice over it with a drizzle of honey for lunch
- Have some in the late afternoon (minus the crumpets)
***FYI, try to steer clear of the green tea night cap- this drink has caffeine!!!
Take control of those curves by mastering your fitness regime:
Increase Your Cardio: If you have any or none of the above going on in your lives right now, keep in mind in order to eat what you like (at said portion-size of course!), you MUST practice mobility and flexibility at every opportunity. This CAN be easy to conquer-
- Just walk your dog an extra lap around the park(Just HAD to throw this pic in because it is simply adorbs!)
- If you don’t have a dog, walk your grandma or your lonesome self with your fave ipod tunes- it’s all good!
- Opt to catch the bus to work instead of driving
You would be surprised at how much cardio can be accomplished without even thinking!
Ima leave you with that for today.